Authorised Treatment Facility

What is an ATF?

Environment Agency approved vehicle recycler
Has facilities capable of treating vehicles and handling hazardous material
Attained a high level of environmental, health and safety standards
Ensures waste products are disposed of professionally and legally.

Why does it matter?

Every year around two million vehicles are scrapped.
DVLA only accepts Certificates of Destruction (COD) from ATFs
No Certificate can result in a £1000 fine from DVLA
Regulation separates professionals from illegal operators to protect you More Information:

Our Southern Network

We are a network of Authorised Treatment Facilities
We select the best ATF based on your vehicle and your location
All ATFs in our network are vetted and approved by us
If you sell your car to an unauthorised collector or trader
Unlicensed means illegal and therefore no COD
No COD can mean a fine and the vehicle remains yours.
You will not be protected if your car or registration is used in a crime
It is just not worth the risk and it is illegal.

What happens after we've collected your scrap car?

Video Previews Loaded

Certificate of destruction

What is a COD?

A Certificate of Destruction issued under 2003 ELV Regulations
Provides legal proof that your vehicle has been scrapped
Can only be issued by Authorised Treatment Facilities
All the agents in our network can issue you with a COD

About your quote

Why are prices different for different cars?

The prices for scrap cars vary as they are generally based on their kerb weight.

Are your online quotations guaranteed?

As long as the car is complete (engine and gearbox, body panels, battery, catalyst) and has 4 wheels, the price is guaranteed, there are no deductions or administration charges whatsoever. The car should be free from waste.

How do your online quotes work?

We use our own bespoke quotation system to provide you the best scrap price for your car. The system is not intended to value second hand or used vehicles.

How do I receive payment for my car?

Since the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013, cash is no longer a legal payment method. We therefore pay by bank transfer following collection of the vehicle. Simply give your details to the receptionist or the driver. We guarantee you will receive payment next working day into your nominated bank account. More Information:

I have been quoted a higher price from someone else?

There are many different websites and companies offering prices and it is well known that not all prices offered for scrap cars are guaranteed. If you have been offered a better price, you should be mindful that this is often because the collector will negotiate the actual payment on your driveway or at the roadside on the collection day.Usually this will be less than that publicised. We do not act in this way – if the conditions are met your price is guaranteed

About your collection

How long does it take to collect my car?

The actual collection takes ten minutes in order to load your car onto the recovery vehicle. It may take longer depending on the location of your car and how difficult it is to remove.

What do I need to provide at the time of collection?

Registration document (V5C), photo I.D, recent utility bill, car key, locking wheel nut key if your car has alloy wheels, any other paper work you may have for the car would be useful.

Do I need to be present when you arrive?

Someone will need to be present to hand the recovery driver the keys and paper work. The registered keeper does not have to be present at the time so you can ask a family member, friend or neighbour to handle this for you, provided they are happy to do so.

What if my car is still at a garage?

We collect cars FREE of charge in our areas including the local garage, work place or storage compound.

What if I have taken parts of my car?

Our prices are only guaranteed on the basis the car is complete. We require the engine and gearbox, body panels, catalyst and wheels as a minimum. If you are in any doubt, please call us to discuss the condition of your car in more detail.

Do I have to prepare my car for collection?

Take out your sat nav, personal belongings - please remember to remove house keys from the key ring.

Can I remove the wheels?

No. Without wheels we cannot safely load the car onto the recovery vehicle.

What if my vehicle is in poor condition?

Running or not, it will have no impact on the website price we have offered for your scrap car.

What if I have lost the keys to my car?

When we contact you to confirm a collection time/date, please inform us of any obstructions or height restrictions that may make it difficult to recover. We'll do our best but it's not always possible to collect a vehicle without keys.

About the documentation

What is a Registration Document?

A registration document (V5C/Log Book) is the document issued by the DVLA usually to the owner of the vehicle or the person/company who is responsible for the vehicle.

I do not have a log book/V5C/ registration document?

. If you do not have the log book then the collection driver will need to see a form of photo I.D and a recent Utility Bill showing proof of address.

What is a Certificate Of Destruction?

A Certificate of Destruction (C.O.D) is a document issued via the DVLA, that only a registered Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF) can provide. We only work with established and reputable ATF registered companies, so you can be sure that you will receive a COD and that your car will be recycled and scrapped professionally and legally.

What do I do with the log book/V5 registration document for my scrapped car?

The driver will stamp and complete section 9 on the V5C if you have it and leave it with you to sign and send off to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BD. We then take the remainder of the Registration (V5C) with us.

What do I do with any previous history for the car?

Any previous history can be left in the glove box or kept with the V5 document and handed to the driver on collection.

After your collection

Do you inform the DVLA?

Your vehicle will be taken to an Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF). Your car will then be de-registered on-line direct with the DVLA and a Certificate of Destruction (COD) should be issued via email, usually within 7 days.

What to do with my car insurance?

You can cancel your car insurance as soon as the car has been collected. If you cancel your insurance before the car is collected, then it is illegal for you to use it on the public highway.

Can I get a refund on my car tax?

Yes, It is possible you can get a refund for any outstanding car tax by returning the yellow section of the V5C to the DVLA. More Information:

Other Questions

Do you sell car parts?

We do not sell car parts.

Do you buy commercial vehicles?

We only purchase and quote for cars and light commercial vehicles up to 3500kg.

What is an ELV?

ELV stands for 'end of life vehicle'. It is a vehicle that has reached the end of its life and requires scrapping.